Sometimes it's helpful to know if employees are on vacation, taking a day off, or out sick. Regardless of the circumstances, the Out Memo feature in Virtual TimeClock allows an employee to select a custom clocked out memo to be displayed on the In & Out Board. This article will explain how to get started with custom out memos.
Note: Out memos are only available in Virtual TimeClock Pro and Network editions.
The default out memo in Virtual TimeClock is 'Out'. Custom out memos can be created by administrators beforehand or by users on the fly as they clock out. Out memos are only for display purposes on the In & Out Board. They will not be recorded or displayed on a user's timecard. If you want a note of why a user left early have your users add it as an Entry Note.
Adding Custom Out Memos
Follow the steps below to create a custom out memo:
- Select Turn Administration On in the File menu.
- Select Out Memos from the Configure menu.
- Create a new out memo by selecting New Memo in the bottom left corner.
Note: New out memos are automatically added to all display groups. If you want to modify which groups out memos are available to, follow the steps below.
Assigning Out Memos to Display Groups
If you want to limit which out memos are available for which display groups, you will need to assign out memos to each display group.
- With administration mode turned on, select Display Groups from the Configure menu.
- Choose the group you want to modify in the left column and select the Memos tab.
- Click Select in the Memos box and choose out memos that will be available to users.
- Use the Default Memo pop up to to designate which memo will be used when users don't make a selection during clock out. Click Save Changes.
- Allow employees to create their own out memos by checking the box for Allow custom out memos.
Using Out Memos
When employees are punching out, they can choose an out memo from the pop up list or leave the default memo.
Out memos are displayed on the In & Out Board only. This example shows several out memos displayed in the Status column: