After you've created and configured a new display group, the final step is changing the display group on your employee time clock(s). This article will walk you through changing display groups in a few simple steps.
Note: If you are new to display groups, see the Overview of Display Groups article.
Change Display Groups in User Mode
Starting in Version 18, you can change display groups in user mode with the proper password.
- In user mode, select Logout of Display Group from the File menu.
- Enter an administrator or group manager password.
- From the Display Group Login window, choose a display group from the Group pop up list and click Login.
Note: If passwords are required to login to the selected group, you will need to enter an administrator or group manager password before logging into the group. Learn more about group security in the group settings article.
Change Display Groups in Administration Mode
All versions of the software allow you to change the display group from administration mode.
- In administration mode, select Turn Administration Off from the File menu.
- Choose a group from the Display Group pop up menu and click Continue.
Once you have logged into your new display group, employees can immediately begin tracking time with the new settings.
Changing display groups is a simple task and will help you manage your Virtual TimeClock effectively. For more information about display groups and some of the ways you can use them to organize employees, see the Overview of Display Groups article.