Virtual TimeClock Tips & Tricks - December 2010
- Jan 19 - Virtual TimeClock ‘10 is released with tools to help businesses reduce payroll costs
- Jan 19 – Macworld magazine provides exclusive coverage of Virtual TimeClock ‘10
- Mar 30 – Macworld magazine reviews Virtual TimeClock ‘10 Network Edition (4 out of 5 mice)
- May 12 - Virtual TimeClock ‘10 Release 1.1 introduces optimizations for large organizations
- Aug 1 – CPA Technology Advisor applauds Virtual TimeClock for simplifying time tracking
- Aug 24 - Virtual TimeClock ‘10 Release 2 brings payroll integration to make payday easier
- Sep 3 – Mac|Life magazine reviews Virtual TimeClock ‘10 Pro Edition (rated 4 out of 5)
- Sep 3 – SurePayoll®1 announces partnership with Redcort Software to bring payroll discounts to Virtual TimeClock users
- Nov 18 – Redcort Software releases free time & attendance resources to provide businesses with handy reference tools
As you can see, this makes for a busy and satisfying year. And we plan on staying at the forefront of the time and attendance industry in 2011.
Since we’re getting ready to dive into 2011, this month’s ‘Tips & Tricks’ newsletter will outline some important things to consider as you close out another successful year with Virtual TimeClock.
Sign up now for easy, affordable payroll in the New Year
SurePayroll offers an easy-to-use and affordable online payroll solution fully integrated with Virtual TimeClock for just $69.99 a month, including:
- Simple, convenient payroll – Upload payroll hours from Virtual TimeClock and process payroll at anytime from anywhere in less than 2 minutes.
- Payroll processing for up to 10 employees at any pay frequency for $69.99 a month, including direct deposit – Run your payroll as many times as you want and, if you have more than 10 employees, you’ll be charged only $1.99 for each additional employee over 10.
- Automatic payroll tax filing and payments with each payroll – They’ll take care of federal, state and local tax deposits and filings, and supply you with free year-end W2s and 1099s. They’ll even work with the IRS on your behalf, if needed.
- 6 month money back guarantee – If you’re not completely satisfied with their service, you can ask for a refund. No questions asked.
Details for going from timecard to paycheck in a few simple steps can be found on our website: Payroll Time Clock Software.
Carry over unused leave awards
If your leave awards are based on the calendar year, then run the Accrued and Used Leave report through 12/31/10 to determine the remaining leave balances for each employee. This is also the time to update any new leave award benefits based on your business rules.
Here’s a quick Tip:
We’ve written a detailed article on carrying over unused leave awards: Time and Attendance Articles.
Enter 2011 paid holidays
Now’s the perfect time to enter all the paid holidays your employees will receive for the next calendar year. Go to the Actions menu and choose Add Leave Entry. Select the employees that get credit for the holiday and choose the date. It may be helpful to add a note with the name of the holiday. These holidays won’t show on employee timecard reports until the payroll period in which they occur.
Here’s a quick Tip:
If you’re not already tracking employee leave, it's easy to get started right away.
Check that scheduled backup
Make sure you’re backing up your time clock software data. It’s such an easy thing to do and can mean the difference between minor inconvenience and major payroll hassles. This is the perfect time to check your backup logs to make sure backups have been occurring frequently and successfully. On Virtual TimeClock Pro, go to the Tools menu and choose Program Logs. On Virtual TimeClock Network Edition, launch the TimeClock Server and click the Logs toolbar icon.
Here’s a quick Tip:
We’ve got instructions for setting up your scheduled backup.
I hope your year has been as productive as ours. All of us at Redcort Software hope you have a joyful Christmas and a wonderful New Year’s celebration!
Until next year,
1. SurePayroll is a trademark of Paychex, Inc. Redcort Software is not affiliated with Paychex, Inc. in any way.