Entering leave hours for your employees is easy with Virtual TimeClock. You can enter days off as they occur or enter them ahead of time. Leave entries will not be displayed on employee timecards until the payroll period in which they occur. Before you begin entering leave hours, you may want to review our articles on setting up leave categories and assigning employee leave awards. This article in particular will show how to add leave entries for users.
Leave entries can be entered for an individual user, a group of selected users, or all users at the same time. To add a leave entry:
- Select Turn Administration On from the File menu.
- If applicable, select the desired group of users in the lower right corner of the In & Out window. Tip: Select Active Users to add a leave entry to all current employees.
- Click the Add Leave icon from the administrative toolbar to open the Add Leave Entry window.
Note: Administrators can grant permission for Managers and Users to add leave entries in the Managers and Users tabs in the Configure Display Groups window.
- Select the employee(s) from the Users list on the left side of the window.
Note: Employees can use the internal TimeClock messaging system to send leave requests to managers and administrators for them to review and enter in the TimeClock.
- Enter the required leave details, including the desired type of leave, time per day, the number of days leave will taken for and the leave start date. You can also assign the leave entry to a specific shift and add entry notes, although not necessary. The leave end date is automatically calculated based on the number of days entered.
Note: If more than one day of leave is taken, you can specify whether weekend days should be skipped.
- Click the Create button to review entries.
- Click Save & Next to enter more leave entries, or Save & Close to finish.