Virtual TimeClock Knowledge Base
Restoring a Backup
This article will walk you through the simple process of restoring a backup of your time clock data to Virtual TimeClock. For general information on Virtual TimeClock backups, see the Overview of Backups article.
Basic & Pro Editions
Follow the steps below to restore a database in Basic or Pro editions:
- Move your backup to the desktop of your new TimeClock computer.
- Open Virtual TimeClock and select Turn Administration On from the File menu.
- Choose Database from the Configure menu.
- Select Close in the bottom right corner.
- Click Restore in the Open a Company Database window.
- Select your database backup from the desktop and click Open.
Note: If the database backup is from an older version of Virtual TimeClock, you may be prompted to Backup & Convert the database before the process can finish.
Follow the steps below to restore a database in Network Edition:
- Move your backup to the TimeClock Server computer.
- Open the Virtual TimeClock Server Manager program.
- Select the Database tab and choose Close.
- Click the Restore button.
- Select your database backup and click Open.
After restoring your time clock database, make sure you review the users and settings and make any needed changes before employees begin punching time.