TSheets Price Goes Up for Time Tracking
Last month, TSheets by QuickBooks rolled out a substantial price increase for their cloud-based employee time tracking software. New customers can expect to pay up to 2.5 times more for time tracking, depending on what features they need. While we haven't heard the official word, this price hike may be trickling down to existing customers in the coming months. Subscription fees got you down? Looking for an alternative to TSheets? Find out more about Virtual TimeClock below.
Prior to September 1st, TSheets pricing was $5/user/month with an additional base fee of $20/month. The new Essentials plan is $8/user/month (plus $20 base fee) and the Plus plan is $12/user/month (plus $35 base fee) which includes a few features not available in the Essentials plan. This new pricing scheme represents a 60% - 240% price increase over the last published pricing, depending on the plan.
Alternatives to TSheets
If you have a team of 10 employees, the new monthly pricing from TSheets will cost $100/month or $1200/year ongoing. If the rising cost of subscription fees has you looking at alternatives, there are several options to consider.
1) Paper timecards - The classic paper method is always an option, but with manual time keeping comes an increase in administrative burden, a decrease in accuracy and higher potential for time clock abuse.
2) Another time clock service with monthly fees - You could choose to find another cloud-hosted, subscription-based time clock for a few dollars less per employee, but you may find yourself in the same predicament down the road. Note: If you require mobile time tracking for field workers, this may be your only option.
3) Virtual TimeClock - Powerful, easy-to-use time tracking software as a one-time purchase. No monthly fees and 30 years of time clock software experience.
Virtual TimeClock is desktop software that you download and install on computers you already own for a one-time cost. There are no monthly subscription fees and you can use the software forever. We offer several editions of our time clock software:
- Basic Edition offers simple time tracking for up to 3 employees. Cost: $99 (more information)
- Pro Edition includes all of our advanced features for unlimited employees on a single computer. Cost: $195 (more information)
- Network Edition includes the same features as Pro Edition, but can be installed on however many computers you want, still for unlimited users. Priced by number of computers, see Store page. (more information)
Want more information? Drop us a note or give us a call to discuss options and see how we can save you thousands of dollars in subscription fees.