Virtual TimeClock Tips & Tricks - October 2006
Well, now that I’m back to reality, in this edition of ‘Tips & Tricks’ I’m going to help you take advantage of one of the unique benefits of Virtual TimeClock: effortless networking.
Why would I want networked TimeClocks?
- Enable owners or managers to monitor real time the in and out status of all workers.
- Increase productivity by allowing workers to use a timeclock at multiple computer locations.
- Simplify timecard administration by using a management computer as an admin TimeClock.
- Track tasks by allowing employees with computers to instantly change tasks throughout the day.
How do I network TimeClocks?
That’s the best part! Networking in Virtual TimeClock is so simple we call it ‘zero‐configuration’. First of all, you’ll need to put your main TimeClock in ‘server’ mode so client TimeClocks can find it:
- From the Administration menu, choose Server.
- In the TimeClock Mode section, select ‘TimeClock Server’ from the Status drop-down list.
At each computer you want to setup as a client:
- Download and install Virtual TimeClock.
- From the File menu, choose Connect To Server.
- Select your company data file and click the Connect button.
That’s all there is to it! As long as the server TimeClock is running, each client TimeClock will automatically connect at each launch, providing a real-time view of all TimeClock activity on your network.
How do I purchase additional Client TimeClock licenses?
We recently updated our website to make the purchasing process much easier. Additional client licenses are available in discounted 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 25, and 50 computer packs online at Time Clock Software Store or give us a call at (888) 207‐0005 and we’ll be glad to help you get the client licenses you need. As a bonus, from now until November 22 we’ll add FREE Maintenance and Support for all new client licenses to your current enrollment.
Until next month,