The Messaging feature in Virtual TimeClock allows employees and management to communicate in a self-contained, spam-free messaging system. This article will demonstrate how you can enable and manage the messaging feature.Enable Messaging Feature
Messaging is enabled by default for all new display groups for both users and managers. Follow the steps below to configure the feature according to your business needs.
- Select Turn Administration On from the File menu.
- Select Display Groups from the Configure menu.
Note: Only an administrator can alter display group settings.
- Choose a display group in the left column of the Configure Display Groups window.
- Select the Users tab and check the box to Enable user messaging.
- To enable messaging for managers, choose the Managers tab, and check the same box.
- Select Apply to save the changes.
- Repeat these steps for any other groups.
Review the Sending and Responding to Messages Knowledge Base
article to learn how to access messages in Virtual TimeClock. Saving Messages
An unlimited number of messages can be saved in the time clock without slowing down Virtual TimeClock. Messages can be easily printed or saved as a PDF by opening the message and selecting the Print
icon. To save a message as a PDF, choose Save to PDF
in the print settings window. The messages will be saved and listed in the mailbox window unless they are deleted.Deleting Messages
Messages that are deleted cannot be recovered, so inform your administrators, managers, and users to delete messages with caution. To delete a message click to highlight it then select the Delete
icon in the toolbar.