This article will help you quickly move your Virtual TimeClock Pro software to a new computer.1. Locate your Virtual TimeClock Pro license Your current license key and instructions are necessary to download the correct version and register your software on a new computer. If you need your license resent to you please contact us.2. Ensure your license is compatible with your new computerVerify that your current version is compatible with the operating system of your new computer using our system requirements. If your version of Virtual TimeClock Pro is not compatible then you will need to upgrade. Please refer to our upgrade overview. 3. Backup your data on the old computerLaunch Virtual TimeClock, select Turn Administration On from the File menu, select the Backup icon in the toolbar (shown below) and save the backup to a USB or network hard drive accessible to your new computer.4. Remove the program from your old computer
- Quit Virtual TimeClock.
- Uninstall Virtual TimeClock
Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel. Go to Programs and Features → Virtual TimeClock → Virtual TimeClock Pro → Uninstall → Uninstall Virtual TimeClock Pro.
Apple macOS:5. Install the program on the new computer
Drag the Virtual TimeClock Pro application from your Applications folder to the Trash. Empty the Trash.
6. Register the program on your new computerSelect Enter Key and enter your license information.
- Go to the Virtual TimeClock Pro download page.
- Select the installer for your licensed version of Virtual TimeClock Pro.
- Download and run the Virtual TimeClock Pro installer. Virtual TimeClock will launch automatically at the conclusion of the installation and present you with a Welcome window similar to this:
7. Restore your data backup on the new computer
Select Restore in the Open Company Database window and select the data backup that you created in step 3. If you are upgrading to a new version of Virtual TimeClock Pro you may be prompted to backup your restored database before it is converted for use with the new release.
8. Reset your backup schedule on the new computer
With the database successfully restored, you need to reset the backup schedule and location the backup file will be saved to on the new computer. Turn administration on from the File menu and choose Backup Schedule from the Configure menu. Set the frequency and click Select to choose the location. Select Apply to save the changes.