Virtual TimeClock Support Blog
Deleting Old Entries in Virtual TimeClock 23
This post is part of a series about new features in Virtual TimeClock 23.
Administrators and managers may find it necessary to delete old entries so that old activities or awards they no longer want in the time clock can be removed. In previous versions of Virtual TimeClock, administrators and managers could not delete old entries without reopening prior payroll periods. Version 23 enables you to easily delete old timecard entries.
Deleting Old Entries
Deleted timecard entries cannot be recovered, so proceed with caution!
To delete old timecard entries in Virtual TimeClock 23:
- Select Turn Administration On from the File menu.
- Press the Entry Editor button in the administrative toolbar.
- Click Select Entries in the Entry Editor toolbar and select the users and the date range to be deleted.
- Choose the entries to be deleted:
- One entry: Click on the entry to be deleted.
- Range of entries: Click on the starting entry, and then shift-click on the ending entry.
- All entries: Choose Select All from the Edit menu.
- Click the Delete button in the toolbar to delete the selected entries.
Note: If you do not have the editing options shown above after logging into administration mode, you are a Manager and will need additional manager permissions to edit entries.
Check out what's new in Virtual TimeClock 23 to learn more about all of the new features and enhancements in our latest time clock release.