Missing Hours on Departmental Reports
Historical departmental reports provide administrators insight into how employee hours are being spent within a company. Before running historical reports, it's important to understand how Departmental reporting works so that you include all hours in historical reporting. Continue reading to find out how to make sure you get all your department hours in a single report.How Departmental Reports Work
Department reports are totaled based on the current display group. This means that any user outside of the current group will be excluded from calculations, including users in different groups, users with no group, and inactive users. Reporting based on display group allows administrators to understand departmental costs from a particular group instead of pulling all user totals into department reports.
How to Ensure All Hours are Included in Departmental Reports
Virtual TimeClock provides a simple method for running departmental reports that will include totals from all users. There are several built in administrative groups that allow you to collect time card totals from various groups of users: Active Users, Inactive Users and All Users.
To run a Departmental report that includes all users:
- Select Turn Administration On from the File menu.
- In the lower right of the In & Out Board, click the display group popup and choose All Users.
- From the Reports system menu, choose the Departmental Detail or Departmental Summary report.
- Select Report Dates to change the date range displayed.
- After the report has been saved or printed, change display group back to desired group.