Manual backups make it easy to move your Virtual TimeClock software to a new computer. Manual backups are also a simple way a secure an off-site backup of your data.
- For general information on backing up Virtual TimeClock, see the Overview of Backups article.
- See our Automatic Scheduled Backups article to learn how to setup regular automatic backups in the Virtual TimeClock Pro and Network editions.
- Important Note: DO NOT save backups to the same computer as your TimeClock data. Damage or loss of the computer will cause you to lose your data and backups.
Performing a Manual Backup
It only takes a few seconds to create a manual backup of your Virtual TimeClock data:
Virtual TimeClock Basic & Pro
- Select Turn Administration On from the File menu.
- Click the Backup icon in the administrative toolbar on the In & Out Board window.
- Navigate to your backup device and select Save.
Virtual TimeClock Network Edition
- Launch the Virtual TimeClock Server Manager program
- Select the Backup icon in the toolbar.
- Click the Backup Now button, navigate to your backup device and select Save.