Virtual TimeClock Support Blog
More Than One Business Location?
Employee time clock software makes tracking weekly overtime easy, even if employees work at more than one of your business locations. A question we often get asked is, "What's the best Virtual TimeClock solution for my business if I have more than one location?" Well, the answer to that question depends on a couple of factors.
Stand Alone Time Clocks
Placing a stand alone employee time clock at each location makes the most sense if:
- Internet connectivity is unavailable or unreliable.
- Employees don't routinely work at the different locations.
- You don't mind the potential inconvenience of going to each site to edit or collect timecards.
- The locations represent separate business enterprises.
Network Time Clocks
Networking employee time clocks makes the most sense if:
- Internet connectivity is available and reliable.
- Employees routinely work at the different locations so need consolidated timecards to accurately track weekly overtime.
- You want the convenience of editing and viewing timecards for all locations from your own computer.
- You want to be able to monitor employee punch times in real-time from your own computer.
- You want to take advantage of the cost savings of networked time clock software package licensing.
If you want to discuss your computer time clock licensing needs in more detail, please contact a member of our time clock software customer service team. If you need help getting your different locations connected to a networked time clock, check out our time clock software remote connectivity guide.