Virtual TimeClock Support Blog
Electronically Sign Time Cards with Preview
Virtual TimeClock allows you to save employee time cards as a PDF so you can store them electronically or email them as an attachment. Mac OS X Preview will even let you electronically sign PDFs. Using your Macs built-in iSight camera to capture your signature, Preview will let you create an electronic signature which can then be used to sign PDFs of your employee time cards. This works in OS X Lion and Mountain Lion. Here's how:
- Launch Preview, and from the Preview menu select Preferences.
- Click on Signatures and then Create Signature.
- Sign a piece of white paper and hold it up to the camera so it looks straight on the blue line and watch the Signature Preview pane until you're satisfied.
- Click on Accept to capture the digital signature.
- Open the PDF of your employee time card.
- Click on the Annotations button (pencil icon) followed by the Signatures button.
- Now click where you want the signature to appear.