Virtual TimeClock 19
The latest time clock software release from Redcort Software.
Virtual TimeClock 19 has been completely rebuilt as a native 64-bit application while remaining a familiar time clock for users. This massive technology upgrade ensures that Virtual TimeClock will continue to run on new systems from Apple and Microsoft that require 64-bit applications.
New and enhanced features in Virtual TimeClock 19 include:
- New 64-bit architecture optimizes memory, system resources, and supports the latest MacOS and Windows computers.
- HiDPI support for Windows provides razor-sharp, high-resolution icons and text.
- Dark Mode support for MacOS offers a modern new look to your time clock.
- New Kiosk Mode improves control and security of centralized time clock stations.
- New date, time, & calendar controls make timecard management easier than ever.
- Updated Timecard approval dashboard simplifies signoff and approval for payroll.
- Network communications updated to TLS 1.2 for enhanced data security and privacy.
Detailed Release Notes
19 Release 1 (June 24, 2019)
Basic, Pro & Network Edition
- NEW - MacOS editions rebuilt as a native 64-bit application that runs optimized on the latest Apple OS release.
- NEW - MacOS Dark Mode support for all Virtual TimeClock editions.
- NEW - Windows editions rebuilt with 32-bit and 64-bit native applications. The installer automatically selects the proper version for the current OS.
- NEW - Windows HiDPI support adds razor sharp text and icons for a dramatically improved timeclock experience.
- NEW - Windows Installer provides options for launching Virtual TimeClock on login and desktop shortcuts for all users.
- ENHANCED - Automatic software updates now include version upgrades, discounts and maintenance enrollment.
- ENHANCED - All new date, time and calendar controls save time and reduce keyboard entry errors.
- ENHANCED - Updated Kiosk Mode replaces Full Screen mode with enhanced time clock security.
- ENHANCED - Error control and checking to prevent time clock punch errors.
- ENHANCED - Updated thread management improves performance on very large reports.
- FIX - The In & Out Board 'In' column once again sorts users by their current status.
Pro & Network Edition
All of the above changes, plus:
- NEW - Export files in Comma Separated Value (CSV) format now save with the .csv extension and open directly in Microsoft Excel or Apple Numbers.
- ENHANCED - The timecard approval dashboard is rebuilt with a more intuitive interface and helpful prompts.
- ENHANCED - Shift rules can now be set to prevent starting or stopping 1 minute early or late.
- ENHANCED - Report formatting and printing of messages, logs, and user notes.
- ENHANCED - Exporting data without selecting any fields now displays an error instead of generating a blank export.
- FIX - Unread message badges now display properly on macOS Mojave.
- FIX - Display Group configuration no longer has errors after an Activity selection is cancelled.
- FIX - Exporting data that includes numbers greater than 1000 now exports properly.
- FIX - The Automatic Time Deductions and Additions configuration fields are now properly disabled when no rules exist.
- FIX - Reports printed after an Accrued & Used Leave Report no longer default to a landscape print orientation.
- FIX - Cancelling a User import no longer causes an error if the User list is empty.
- FIX - Missed Clock Out is enforced in User Status when a user has failed to return from a break of lunch.
All of the above changes, plus:
- ENHANCED - Updated and simplified the Settings configuration panel in the TimeClock Server Manager.
- ENHANCED - TLS (Transport Layer Security) updated to 1.2 for enhanced security on network communications.
- FIX - Group login password errors no longer require the user to roll back and reconnect to the TimeClock Server.
- FIX - Server Manager Licenses panel no longer reports 0 clients used when registered as a Site License.
- FIX - User clients now resize the In & Out board properly when switching the display option from one to two lists.