Virtual TimeClock Support Blog
Time Clocks At Multiple Locations
There are a couple of options when deciding how to deploy time clock software at multiple business locations. There's really no right or wrong answer, it just depends on your business needs and how you plan on utilizing the time clock.
Networked Time Clocks
The first deployment option is to network time clocks at the two locations together. This option is best if:
- You need to monitor when employees come and go from either location.
- You want 1 time card per employee, even if they work at both locations.
- You need weekly overtime totals to be calculated on the total time worked at both locations.
Stand Alone Time Clocks
The second deployment option is to put two separate time clocks at the two locations. This option is best if:
- You have unreliable Internet service at either location.
- You pay employees from different cost centers so you need 2 separate time cards per employee, even if they work at both locations.
Contact us if you'd like to discuss time clock deployment and licensing options in more detail.