This article will help you quickly move the Virtual TimeClock Network Edition Server software to a new computer.
1. Locate your Virtual TimeClock Network license Your current license key and instructions are necessary to download the correct version and register your software on a new computer. If you need your license resent to you please contact us.
3. Backup your data on the old computer
Launch Virtual TimeClock, select Turn Administration On from the File menu, select the Backup icon in the toolbar (shown below) and then select the Backup Now button at the bottom of the window. Save the backup to a USB or network hard drive accessible to your new computer.
5. Install the program on the new computer
c. Download and run the Virtual TimeClock Server Manager installer. Virtual TimeClock will launch automatically at the conclusion of the installation and present you with the Welcome window.
IMPORTANT: You will need to assign a static IP address on the new TimeClock Server compu
ter. Windows users will also need to and add exceptions to the Windows firewall. If you do not take these steps, your time clock will not function properly. For help with these steps, see our Network Edition Installation Guide. If you have remote time clock computers, you may need to update your port forward rule as well.
6. Register the program on your new computer
a. From the Welcome window, select Enter Key and enter your license information.
Note: If you are using an older version of Virtual TimeClock, click Cancel when asked to create a database. Go to the License tab and enter your key.
b. The Status tab in the Virtual TimeClock Server Manager should display all green checkmarks, except the Database status.7. Restore your database backup on the new computer
8. Reset your backup schedule on the new computer
With the database successfully restored, you need to reset the backup schedule and location the backup file will be saved to on the new computer. Follow the steps in the Automatic Scheduled Backups article