The Virtual TimeClock Shifts feature is a powerful tool for tracking employee tardiness and applying start, stop, and lunch rules to individuals or groups of users. Continue reading to learn how you can create a shift and start utilizing this powerful feature. If you have already created a shift and reviewed the settings, you can move on to assigning shifts to users.
Follow these steps to create a new shift:
- Select Turn Administration On from the File menu.
- Select Shifts from the Configure program menu.
- Click the Add button in the lower left corner, select New Shift, and enter a shift name.
- Set the Shift Start and Stop times and enter the number of minutes for a lunch break.
- Some businesses provide additional compensation for work performed during non-standard shifts. Select No Differential Pay if this option does not apply to your shift. To enable a shift differential, select Hourly Percentage or Hourly Dollar Amount from the Differential popup menu and enter what an employee will earn for each differential hour worked. This will ensure job costing wages are totaled accurately.
: Hourly wages need to be entered into Virtual TimeClock and gross wages displaying on reports needs to be enabled in order for shift differentials to calculate correctly. See the Adding Users
article for more information.
- Set any clock in, lunch, or clock out rules that you want enforced. There are many options for shift rules, so read through our clock in, lunch and clock out rules articles to learn more about each type of rule.
Note: If you're creating a shift with the sole purpose of running a Late Arrival Report, then shift rules are not required. The only requirement is that users must be assigned to a shift.
- Once you feel comfortable with the shift settings, follow the steps to assign shifts to users.