The user friendly Messaging feature of Virtual TimeClock is an excellent tool to allow your employees to communicate in a self-contained messaging system. If you're new to the Messaging feature, review the Overview of the Messaging
Knowledge Base article.Accessing Messages
Administrators/ Managers: Both administrators and managers can access the Messaging feature while in administration mode. Select Turn Administration On from the File menu and select the Messaging icon in the administrative toolbar on the In & Out Board.
- When a manager or administrator is logged into administration mode they will see a small red circle over the Messages icon in the toolbar if there are any new, unread messages.
Users: Workers can access the messaging system by opening their user status and selecting Messaging from the options menu. Employees can access their User Status by entering their PIN/passcode or selecting Open User Status from the Action menu when a user's name is selected on In & Out Board.
- Users will know they have a new message waiting for them when they open their user status window because there will be a red circle over the options menu with the number of unread messages they have.
- If your workers are using the In & Out Board, employees will see they have an unread message in the far right column. The number listed in the column signifies how many unread messages the user has. If no number is listed, the user has no unread messages.
A message can be created and sent in a matter of seconds. Each message sent within Virtual TimeClock will be stamped with the date, time, and user, so you will know exactly when the message was sent and by whom. Follow the steps below to compose and send a message.
- Follow the steps in the Accessing Messages section above.
- With the Messages window open select New.
- Select the recipients, enter a subject line, and compose your message.
Note: You cannot view messages you have previously sent using Virtual TimeClock unless you add yourself as a recipient of the message. Instruct administrators, managers, and users to get in the habit of adding themselves as a recipient to get a copy of messages they send.
- Select the Send icon in the top left corner.
In order to open a message in Virtual TimeClock follow the steps in the Accessing Messages
section above. New and unread messages will be marked in bold. Once a message has been opened it cannot be marked as unread. With the Messages window open double click a message to open it or click to highlight the message and select the Open
icon.Responding to Messages
Workers can reply to the sender directly, reply to all recipients or forward the message to another user. Workers can choose either of these options by selecting the corresponding icon in the toolbar of the Messages window.
Note: If you want a record of your response to the message select Reply All or add yourself as a recipient of the message.