Exporting data from Virtual TimeClock facilitates in-depth data analysis and integration with other business data. You can easily export data from Virtual TimeClock Pro and Virtual TimeClock Network editions to comma separated (CSV) or tab separated (TSV) text files.
To export data from Virtual TimeClock:
- Turn Administration On from the File menu and click Export in the administrative toolbar.
- Select the report format you want to export from the Export Type drop down menu. The drop down menu contains the built-in categories of information that can be exported. Detail exports show all entries, while summary reports give totals for a date range and category
- Click Setup to open the Export Setup window.
- Select the Users to be exported from the list on the left.
- Click Select button below the Fields to Export column to select the exported fields. Use drag and drop to change the order fields will be exported in and displayed in your spreadsheet program.
- Click the File Format drop down menu to select whether fields will be separated by a Comma or Tab value.
- Select the default date range. This range can always be adjusted manually later when performing an export.
- Decide if hours will be displayed in Hours and Minutes or by Decimal Hours.
- Choose the default folder to export the data. This location can be modified when performing an export.
- Save changes and return to the main Export window.
- Click Export and save the data to the desired location.
To use your exported file, launch your spreadsheet program (Excel, Numbers,etc.), choose Open from the File menu and select your file or drag and drop the file onto your spreadsheet program icon.