Virtual TimeClock includes several display options for the Pro and Network editions that can be customized for your company needs. Below you will find information on each of the display interfaces and how to configure them.
Note: The In & Out Board is the only available interface for the Basic Edition.
To access the interface options, select Display Groups
from the Configure
menu and under the Settings
tab, select an option from the Interface
The PIN (Personal Identification Number) interface allows each user to enter a unique PIN to use the time clock. To use the PIN interface, you must fist assign a PIN to all the users in the display group. To do this, select Users from the Configure menu, and for each user, choose the Modify button under Password and enter a unique PIN. Learn more about Passwords >
Note: Once a PIN is entered by a user, the User Status window will open, as seen below.Passcode
This interface requires users to enter a password to use the time clock. To use the passcode interface, you must first assign a unique password to all the users in the display group. To do this, select Users from the Configure menu, and for each user, choose the Modify button under Password and enter a unique password. Learn more about Passwords & Security >
Note: Once a passcode is entered, the User Status window will open, as seen above.
In & Out Board
This interface updates in real time showing the status of all users in the selected group throughout the day. To view the In & Out Board options, select Options next to the interface popup menu.
- One or Two List Display Options: Employees can be listed in one or two lists depending on how you want to view employees. One List displays all users, but Two List displays the workers currently working in a separate column.
- Columns Displayed: The In & Out Board displays a variety of information that you may not want users to see, so you can choose which columns are displayed by checking/unchecking the boxes for the columns listed below.
- Show activity/status - This column displays a user's current status such as the worker is at lunch or out for the day. If activities or out memos are used they will be listed in this column.
- Show date - Date of the most recent clock in, out, or changed activity.
- Show time - The time of the most recent clock in, out, or changed activity.
- Show elapsed time - The time that has gone by since being clocked in for the current activity.
- Show new message count - This will show if a user has any unread messages in the software. A number will be listed if the user has any unread messages.
- Left Click: This setting allows you to choose what happens when a user left clicks their name. The Start/Stop menu will be displayed or the User Status window.
- Right Click: This setting allows you to choose if users see their User actions options or if the right click does nothing.
Note: If you do not want your users seeing their timecard or user status window select Start/Stop menu for Left Click and Do Nothing for Right Click.Individual
The Individual interface is only available for the Network Edition and displays a single user's status window allowing for a simple time clock experience. Once a display group is set to the Individual interface, group users complete a one-time display group login under their own name.
Once a user is logged into a display group with the Individual interface, the time clock will only display a user's personal time clock. You can choose to require passwords or disable them in the group settings.
Note: The Individual interface does not include any access to coworker time clock information, making it a good option for preventing buddy punching.