Daylight Saving Time Changes November 4
It’s that time of year again when most of us 'fall back' by turning our clocks back an hour when Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday, November 4, 2018.
There are several states and territories in the United States that do not observe Daylight Saving Time (DST), including: Arizona (except the Navajo Nation), Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
Modifying Timecards in Virtual TimeClock
If you will have employees 'on the clock' when the time change happens at 2 am on Sunday morning, you will need to modify timecards and pay your employees for that extra hour of work that DST takes away from them. You can easily accomplish this by manually adding an hour to the end of their shift:
- Select Turn Administration On in the File menu.
- Choose the Entry Editor from the administrator toolbar.
- Click Select Entries and select all Users with hours you need to adjust for the date 11/4/2018.
- Double click an entry you need to adjust.
- Add an additional hour to the Stop time and click Save.
- Double check the user's timecard for accuracy.