Virtual TimeClock 18 Release 2
Virtual TimeClock 18 Release 2 shipped on July 18, 2018. In our mid-year Virtual TimeClock release you'll find:
- New Payroll integration with for ADP Workforce Now®1.
- New Automatic Time Additions feature.
- Over two dozen program enhancements and minor bug fixes (see below).
If you are running an older version of Virtual TimeClock, please see our Upgrade Guide.
How to Upgrade
Version 18.2 is an automatic update if you are running version 18. You'll normally be prompted at program launch to update. You can manually update by selecting Check for Updates from the Help menu on Windows computers or About Virtual TimeClock menu on Macs.
What's New in 18.2
- Open Database window simplifies opening, creating & restoring databases.
- Database configuration window offers updated database management.
- Enhanced 'Welcome' experience for new program installations.
- Improved automatic software update support for Macs with multiple user accounts.
- Program registration has improved feedback when a license key is rejected.
- Program errors now check for software updates that might resolve the error.
- Enhanced and updated program documentation in the Help menu.
- Fixed a memory leak that could cause program instability and crashes.
- Fixed over two dozen minor program inconsistencies and display issues.
- New Payroll integration support for ADP Workforce Now®1.
- You can now filter Users by inactive, active, users, managers, or administrators.
- New Auto Time Additions option. Compliments existing Auto Time Deduction feature.
- The Prevent Late Start shift rule once again allows clocking out and in mid-shift.
- Removed the pause when saving a message in large databases.
- Fixed an error when opening the Report Writer from a Report Preview.
- Importing a user with a password that is already in use no longer causes an error.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent editing Leave Awards after upgrading from older versions.
- The public IP address of your TimeClock Server is now available in the Server Manager and Pro Client.
- New Server Setup window in Server Manager assists with program configuration.
- Improved the automatic repair of dropped client network connections.
- Enhanced feedback and information in the Server Manager Status window.
- Increased network connection timeout to better handle Cellular data connections.
- The Individual interface handles dropped network connections more gracefully.
- The Server Manager for Mac requires a single authentication for Server changes.
- The TimeClock Server better informs clients if the Server's database is closed.
- Enhanced error messages when the Server runs out of new Client licenses.
- Fixed an issue where Server could fail to authenticate restored client connections.
- Fixed an 18.1.1 bug where connections failed when waking a client from sleep.
- Fixed a Server Manager error when a static IP address is not set and the address changes.
- Fixed an 18.1 error when a client could not access the payroll settings.
- Fixed a bug where the Server could repeatedly backup the database if an upgrade failed.
- Fixed a startup error when using Individual interface for a user that does not have a password.
- The Server Manager no longer prompts to create a new database when a prior database is missing.