User "Clock In" is Missing
What is a Future Entry?
A future entry is a manual timecard entry with a date later than right now.How do Future Entries Cause Problems?
Virtual TimeClock can unexpectedly select a future entry for display in your time clock following certain administrative functions, like editing timecards. This becomes a problem if the user is currently clocked in because when the user returns to clock out, they will see the future entry with their current status as already clocked out.
Accidental future entries made weeks or months ago can suddenly appear in the timeclock after an administrator edits a user timecard. This delay makes the appearance of this rogue entry seem like a sudden bug to both the user and administrator.
Correct future entries by changing the dates on the entry or removing the entry altogether. Follow these steps to find future entries:
- Select Turn Administration On from the File menu.
- Choose Entry Editor from the administrator toolbar.
- Click the Select Entries option, and select the user with the future entry.
- Change the date range to the current date through a future date (think Jan 1, 2999).
- Select the future entries and correct the dates or choose Delete.
- Check the In & Out Board to verify that real-time entry has reappeared.