Virtual TimeClock 14
March 19, 2014
Virtual TimeClock 14 introduces a modern, simplified user experience from front to back. A new full screen mode for the In & Out board, PIN and Passcode interfaces makes Virtual TimeClock shine on touch screens, laptops and Microsoft Surface Tablets. New icons, streamlined layouts, optional toolbar display and window font sizing enhances Virtual TimeClock flexibility and ease of use for all users. View the Virtual TimeClock 14 press release here.
Virtual TimeClock 14 now uses Network Time Protocol (NTP) when it is configured to use Internet time servers for timestamps. This fixes a recent problem in prior releases of Virtual TimeClock that relied upon a small handful of older U.S. government time servers (time.gov). These government servers have suddenly (March 2014) been overwhelmed, causing older versions of Virtual TimeClock to run very slowly when attempting to access an Internet time server for timestamps. Virtual TimeClock 14 addresses this problem by using NTP to provide access to hundreds of qualified Internet time servers.
Virtual TimeClock 14 new features & enhancements include:
Basic, Pro and Network Edition
- Punching In & out is simplified and streamlined for users.
- Administrator/Manager passwords now allow access to User Status without turning on administration.
- New full screen mode for PIN, Passcode and In & Board for enhanced use on notebook, touch screen and tablet computers.
- New toolbar options for hiding the toolbar or changing icon size allow you to customize your time clock.
- New toolbar icons, colors and user interface add modern look and feel.
- Font size can be increased or decreased for greater in/out list visibility or use with touch screens.
- New program icons help distinguish Basic, Pro and Network Editions of Virtual TimeClock.
- New elapsed time column in in/out list makes it easier to track time spent on current activities.
- Hidden user In & Out Board columns are now displayed in administration mode.
- User Status window no longer auto closes in administrative mode, allowing unlimited administrative editing.
- Day of the week is included with the Date column in the Entry Editor to simplify selecting dates and times.
- All window sizes, positions and column widths are now saved separately for user and admin modes for a more flexible user experience.
- Improved help and information dialogs throughout program make it easier to navigate.
- Internet time servers for timestamp security implements modern Network Time Protocol (NTP) with hundreds of qualified Internet time servers.
Pro and Network Edition
- All of the above changes, plus:
- Streamlined entry of timecard entry notes.
- Current entry notes are now automatically displayed when opening the User Status dialog.
- New streamlined editing of out memos.
- Messaging has an updated interface with contextual date references.
- Messaging text font size can now be increased or decreased in messaging for easier visibility.
- Shifts & Schedules are now separate Configuration panels for greater security control.
- Leave Awards & Leave Categories are now separate Configuration panels for greater security control.
- You can now add and edit departments from the Users Configuration panel.
- You can now add and edit auto time deductions from the Users Configuration panel.
- You can now add and edit overtime rules from the Users Configuration panel.
- Opening the Users Configuration panel conveniently returns to the last person selected.
- Opening the Leave Awards Configuration panel conveniently returns to the last person selected.
- Opening the Leave Categories Configuration panel conveniently returns to the last category selected.
- Fixed issue that in rare instances could cause overtime discrepancies when using auto deductions and activities.